The Uniform Law Commission (ULC), a nonprofit organization representing state governments, seeks an IT Support Specialist to join its technology team headquartered in downtown Chicago. The role involves comprehensive technical support for the ULC staff and members ranging across multiple technical facets.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing level 1 and 2 technical support. This role is a jack-of-all-trades containing support and development opportunities within infrastructure, application, database, communications, and website segments. This is a visible role and requires competent communication with staff and membership. This position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
- Provides end user support for applications, workstations, and office equipment.
- Proactively review and support ticket queue, providing updates on a regular basis, and close tickets within SLA.
- Perform code reviews for ULC applications and website.
- Support and maintain office technical infrastructure.
- Support and maintain cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Support and maintain SharePoint sites, libraries, and content.
- Provide end user training on applications as needed.
- Create and maintain knowledgebase entries.
- Create end user documentation and troubleshooting guides for common issues or scenarios.
Desired Skills and Experience
The IT Support Specialist position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or verifiable certifications with related prior work experience.
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, databases, communications, and websites.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of technical support experience.
- Ability to communicate technical issues and resolutions to non-technical individuals.
- Experience with ticketing systems and knowledgebases.
- Ability to support users in-person and remotely.
- Integrity, candor, professionalism, and the ability to adapt quickly.
- Experience in or knowledge of the following languages: HTML, CSS, XML, SQL, DAX, .NET.
- Experience in or knowledge of Office 365, Adobe, SharePoint Online, Power Platform, Exchange, Dynamics 365, Zoom, Azure, Intune MDM.
- Understanding of networking concepts including DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, VPN, VoIP
The successful applicant must have excellent attention to detail, ability to communicate well in a variety of settings, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with commissioners and colleagues.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time position located in the ULC office in downtown Chicago. Aspects of this role require a hybrid schedule to support equipment in the office. All ULC staff is subject to a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. The starting pay rate for the IT Support Specialist is $24-$28/hour and commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is June 16, 2023.